Tuesday 3 December 2013

Christmas Wreath

In this house we don't put anything up for Christmas, apart from a wreath until after
 'A's' birthday on the 6th - and that's plenty of time to get into the spirit!!!!

Now normally I would buy a wreath at the Christmas Market,
 but this year I decided to have a go myself....

I already have a twig heart on the front door and decided to incorporate this into the design
(bad picture - sorry)
I cut some holly from the garden - 3 long stems, wearing leather gardening gloves 
& tied together with twine
 Tied the holly to the back of the heart
 Placed a bow on the front.......& Tada! 
Total cost one pound! What do you think? Yay or nay?

Who else has been making, crafting or baking?
XX





2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea! I've recycled most things from last year again, but may try an arrangement with some holly in the kitchen if I'm brave ! The kids make me drag the decorations out on the 1st every year, but then it all comes back down on the 1st of Jan as I'm sick of it by then!! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm going for the tree today!!
      It surprises me how kids really love tradition and dictate by it - there is no way either of them will have a tree until after A's birthday and I wonder if when they have their own homes it will be the same...
      Have fun enjoying your free time until work beckons! XX

      Delete