Sunday 22 November 2015

& So It Snowed!

Yesterday I woke to a blanket of snow. Not a very thick blanket, more of a sheet, beautiful nevertheless.
I have started to walk the pooch through the field twice a day now, so knowing how much he loves the snow I was dressed and out!
It's magical isn't it? Everything cloaked in white, bringing with it a stillness to the air. As I walked I had a smile on my face and laughed out loud as Olly dove into drifts. Living high up on the moors we get that bit extra - lucky - especially when not battling to work ;-)

& so my thoughts turned to Christmas - well, it does doesn't it when there's snow? This year feels extra special as I imagine Sebby seeing the christmas tree and decorations, the wonderment of it all. What goes on in those little heads?! A first visit to Santa, I can hardly contain myself, eeeeekkkkk!!

Of course the gathering of family and friends, sharing and creating memories and special moments. I try hard every year not to enter the madness, try to be mindful of what I am buying. For Christmas should be about coming together; not the dashing from shop to shop frantically finding something that matches what 'you spend'. 

This year, there is a calmness in my heart, it makes me want to change my lifestyle even more and think about where I want to be; what I want to do, for I know this calmness is because I am free of the stresses of work (not for much longer!!)

So, some pictures that I really enjoyed taking this weekend - thank you so much for stopping by and for lovely comments!

Whatever you are up to this weekend,
may you be calm in your heart, XX



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore snow! It looks so lovely on your walk. I also love Christmas but so far haven't done much about it! We're off on a 3nt break at the beginning of December to Whitby and am hoping this will get me a bit more motivated to start the shopping!

    ReplyDelete