Thursday 24 December 2015

& So, This Is Christmas

& what have I done?

I've wrapped presents beautifully, using a mixture of papers including scrunchy brown paper courtesy of Ikea (when I bought new crockery!) I'm all for recycling ;-) Love the crinkled effect once ironed!
Tried to buy consumable gifts; food, drink, toiletries, candles, useful items, not clutter!!
Shopped local and Fairtrade as much as possible; smaller shops struggle against big websites and stores - you know who I'm talking about!!
Took Sebby to see Santa for the first time, completely under awed, much preferring the lights!
Took my Nephew to the theatre to see 'Twas The Night Before Christmas'
Baked three christmas cakes - currently waiting in the kitchen to be iced, whoops; 1.00pm on Christmas Eve, best get a spurt on!
Meditated - used my Headspace daily!
Drunk cocktails with friends.....

Best of all, due to recovering from my hysterectomy, I have had the most chilled week, with no work pressure. Usually I cover the service I work for until 5.00pm Christmas Eve! It's been nice to have lazy mornings spent with my husband and Son home from Uni.

So, what have you done? What are you trying to get done? 
I wish you luck, whatever it is! XX





2 comments:

  1. Lovely presents..... most of the ' more mature ' members of my family have most things that they need so I buy consumables for them. It looks as if everything is under control in your house .... I'm all set .... I think !!! Will just need to cook the dinner tomorrow for everyone !!
    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes perfect sense doesn't it. We live in a time of when we want something we just go out and buy it!
      As ever I love you popping by and your kind inspiring comments! XX

      Delete