Tuesday 9 December 2014

Just Add Hat......

Bbbbrrrrr. Well December has definitely brought  cold weather to the West Pennines.
No matter what the weather Mr.L and I always have to walk Olly, no excuses. We need good cold weather wear to keep cosy warm whilst battling the elements.

On a recent trip to Leicester we came across down filled jackets in the sale at Blacks. I've always been interested to try out down filled jackets, having heard how warm they are without the bulk. I have to say they really impressed me! Really cosy with 80% down and 20% feather and fits into a tiny bag about the size of my hand!! In fact we were so impressed Mr.L & I got matching ones ;-) They are last year's Lowe Alpine.
Whilst we were buying new jackets we decided we needed new wellies too. I've always bought traditional Hunter wellies, having had a pair that lasted ten years and I had to throw as the heel was so worn down!! Such a shame the quality has dropped over recent years and my last two pairs split within a year - I needed something sturdier. We found  Muckboots perusing the web and decided to give them a try. 
They are so warm & sturdy - it's like walking in slippers (very supportive slippers!!!) I love the styling and the colourways - brighten you up on a cold winters day :-)
Olly getting in on the action!
So, all I need now is a hat. Here's my favourite....

But any of these would cut it...




Are you ready for whatever Winter throws at us?
Which hat would you choose?
XX




No comments:

Post a Comment