Friday 6 February 2015

Escapism.....

am was a prolific reader. Until last year. I don't know why, I just got out of it. (Too many great blogs?!) I used to stick my nose into a book for hours at a time as a child. Then, as a mother of two, snatch just a few moments here and there to indulge, pure escapism. A good book is a wonderful thing, something to share, discuss with friends, swap, ponder. There's nothing better than hunkering down, a hot chocolate or a glass of something, preferably red by your side!

I follow the wonderful blog Circle of Pine Trees, written by Laura, whose writing I adore. She does a regular post called The Year In Books. I have loved seeing her's and others choices and often bought books based on recommendations - on my bookshelf gathering dust......hmmmm, moving on....

So this year I am going to join the fun! I started off with my book for January by reading The Au Pair by Janey Fraser. A nice easy read which brought me into 2015 at a slow leisurely pace! Good book to encourage me back to reading. I finished it!! So that's a start!
Moving on to February's book! I'm off skiing tomorrow so have chosen The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. I've heard great reviews so have high hope for this Finalist for the Pulitzer Prize. I love that it has snow in the title! This will be enjoyed with hot chocolate and marshmallows by my side I'm sure!!

Bye for now!
Why don't you join in?
XX



10 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great time skiing and return without incident. This looks like an interesting book and one I will have to investigate.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to do a review Mitzi, which I don't think will be as good as yours!! Thanks for popping by, XX

      Delete
  2. A good book is like a good friend...I really love books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, need to get back into reading. I love books that you think about long after you have finished, XX

      Delete
  3. Enjoy skiing and reading ……. I tend to read about 10 books all in one go then go ages without reading one !!!! I'm a book binger !! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely worse things to binge on Jackie! Thanks for popping by, XX

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the skyiing. I know how you feel about non reading.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading snowy books in the winter, even if we rarely get any here! I too find myself in reading rutts. It looks like you've chosen some good reads to get back in to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you on the link up. Just wanted to say I loved The Snow Child so hope you enjoy it. It has a really magical feel to it. 'Frozen' for grown ups

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Snow Child, and I read it in sunny Barcelona! Good luck with your challenge.

    ReplyDelete