Hi, here I am, back to my blog, a lovely glass of the red stuff in hand ;-) fully recovered from the partying and late nights of FIB - Benicassim's 4 Day Music Festival.
I had the most amazing time, surprised myself (& Mr.L) with my staying power, listened & danced to soooo many artists presenting their musical talents. Some music I didn't think I would like I LOVED!!
Amongst others, the standouts for me on the Thursday were -
- La Roux - she put in a brilliant opening performance, one of only two female performers on the main stage the audience loved her & rightly so.
- Hurts - I was really interested to see these guys, having only heard them sing a cover once on Jo Whiley's Live Lounge on Radio 1 - they did not disappoint!
- Rudimental - these guys were amazing showmen. A British electronic quartet with an eclectic mix of music you just HAD to dance too!
Friday Standouts -
- Dizzee Rascal - he's a rascal, he's a rascal - can't believe how much I enjoyed his set - he really got the crowd jumping. At one point he saw that some girl's had fallen in the crowd, stopped his set and asked "fella's, help the ladies, get 'em up" to rapturous applause.
- Primal Scream - older Glaswegian rockers, loved by younger people too - established in 1982 - brilliant set, lead singer was funny - introduced his songs proclaiming "This next song is - What is it? - I forgot, anyway, enjoy it" LOL!! seemed to be a bit, shall we say, not with it - great music though & would definitely listen at home :-)
- Zane Lowe - much loved Radio 1 DJ - on late - we rocked with him till 4.00am - one of our latest nights! Party Animal!!
- Skream - another electronic DJ set by British electronic record producer Oliver Dene Jones. He started producing music at the age of 15 and continues to do what he loves best - FANTASTIC. My Son was so jealous I got to see him, HeHe!
Saturday Highlights -
for us not the best night for our music tastes
- Arctic Monkeys - love some of their songs - opened with 'Do I Wanna Know' - my absolute favourite EVER! Listen Here!
- Kaiser Chiefs - can take or leave much to the disgust of a number of people. Still danced my a** off though :-)
- Rizzle Kicks - BIG surprise being my favourites of Saturday Night. So energetic and so good at getting the crowd going - massive stage presence despite being so young - somebody's babies the pair of them, sweet!
Sunday - Last Night - Aaahhh!
- Woodkid - a new discovery for me - they were just fabulous - theatrical, orchestral - the backdrop was amazing and the music just - well, I'm lost for words. I suppose this is what a Festival is all about, discovering new bands, listening to music you wouldn't usually tune in to. Woodkid's closing statement - "We'll be back next year with an orchestra" which didn't surprise me at all! You Have To Listen.... Hope you like it! You may need to listen to more to get a feel!
- The Killers - One and Only! What can I say - I have got to see these live again, they were just THE BEST to close the Festival. The light show, the fireworks, the frisson of excitement, the stage presence, the professionalism of The Killers was palpable from the minute they stepped on stage. The way they engaged the thousands watching, speaking both English and Spanish, Brandon Flowers didn't have to put on a show - he was the show - with a broad smile on his face at all times *sigh*
I'm so happy & grateful that Mr.L booked this holiday for me - it was like nothing I have ever experienced before and I loved every minute of it - the escapism, the dancing, the freedom I felt, the ability to express myself - even the late nights and lack of sleep!