Sunday 11 August 2013

Weekend Wanders

I had a wonderful weekend! As you know I am a keen cyclist - both road and mountain.
 This weekend I tried to organise a ride but only one friend was available. 

Anyway, we decided to do some Mountain Bike Trails near home - 'S' has quite a number of years on me (she won't mind me saying) and still enjoys tackling the rough stuff whilst whooping for joy! She still does what she loves and I hope I continue to do so when her age!

As I have been doing so much cycling I have treated myself to some new cycling specific clothing from  local Cycle Shop  The Green Jersey  run by the coolest people! 

A really social cycle shop I am heading back to sample the cake!


Whilst perusing the ladies wear  they told me about their sister internet company 

Anyone looking for women specific sports wear for cycling, running, triathlons or the gym should take a look here!


I got this lovely Pearl Izumi top - very pink I know, but in the sale (I like a bargain)!



Whilst on the website I noticed this cycling skirt which I would like to see in the flesh - 
comfy padded shorts hidden beneath - pretty isn't it?
Cycling in a skirt - yay I say!


I bought these in another cycle shop after a haggle as I could get them cheaper elsewhere on line  - I seem to be developing a pink theme lol!

Tried them for the first time this weekend and they were great...


I met a friend I have not seen in a while for coffee on Sunday. 

We spent the best part of four hours catching up. It's surprising how with good friends you can go a while and then just pick up where you left off.

One comment she made was "Gosh, I've never known you in one place for four hours - you used to be rushing here, there and everywhere!"

It got me to thinking how life has changed over the last few years. 

My children, being 18 & 20, less dependant, not taking on as many demands, learning to say "No", realising there is nothing wrong with delegation and taking time out for myself without the associated guilt I used to have. 

As long as my kitchen & bathroom are clean the rest can wait!

I try to spend as much time out in the fresh air as possible & seize the day - those feel good hormones make me more chilled - and maybe that's what my friend noticed today.

I hope you have had a great weekend & achieved what you set out to!
XX



2 comments:

  1. You are a busy lady - always on the go! I think I will be like that when my kids are a little older though as I have so many things I want to get on with now and can't as I have 6 year old tugging at my leg wanting to play mums and dads! Great cycling gear btw! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how life changes, very slowly & subtle y. Those days when my children were small I treasure so much - it goes in the blink of an eye. I hope they carry on wanting to do things with me occasionally!! ;-)

      Delete