Sunday 12 April 2015

Today I Ran

I don't know how far. I don't know how fast.
& that doesn't bother me.
It's about how I feel, sinking in my surroundings.
What I do know is it was at a good pace and non stop for an hour and twenty minutes.

These days I run for fun. I love it - & so does the pup!
With the wind in my hair, the sound of the waves on the reservoir and the smell of pine trees in my nose ;-) It's wonderful!

A couple of weeks ago I did my first fell race - I still haven't checked my time. It was 5 miles, 2.5 uphill. For me it was about running it without stopping, getting up there and getting down. It's a challenge I set myself in January. & I did it! & I will be doing more.....

Not me today - this was taken after my first ever fell race. Mud up to my knees, still smiling, looking like a pixie!!

When I started running it was because I knew I needed to do some cardio vascular exercise. 
I never thought I would grow to love it!

Great to be outside in this lovely spring weather!
Hope you've had a good weekend & got outside.
XX



7 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm so proud of you. I jog mostly because my knees start to ache when I run hard now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaahhhhh thank you Leslie! :-) made me smile. And you know they reckon walking is better than jogging or running! Xxx

      Delete
    2. Aaaahhhhh thank you Leslie! :-) made me smile. And you know they reckon walking is better than jogging or running! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I love running! I started when I became 40. Nowadays I really run for fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that running without stopping? That is seriously impressive. I'm still a fan of using the old 'stopping for a photo' excuse to give my legs a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think i should start taking my camera, but cant be bothered to carry it!! But i run in such beautiful places, as do you, Xx

      Delete
  4. The best thing to run for, FUN, its how you feel, what you see, not mileage thats important. Thank you for dropping by and your lovely comments, Xxx

    ReplyDelete