Friday 29 January 2016

Lemoncurd Cake

Since I realised I was gluten intolerant, I have made the same cake over and over (a chocolate brownie recipe on the back of the Doves Farm flour), whereas previously I would make lots of varieties of cake.

I think I have been slightly worried if other recipes would turn out. Making a christmas cake with gluten free flour and it being a great success has made me decide, if I see a recipe I fancy trying just go for it! :-)

I don't know why but I always feel I am nurturing my family when I bake, same if I make porridge, pancakes, rice pudding or Sunday roast!! ;-)

So, at weekend I made this gorgeously moist lemoncurd cake, I used bog standard lemon curd for the main body of the recipe, but for the top I used extra special 'Limun' a gift from a friend!

Recipe;
3/4 jar of decent lemoncurd
6oz sugar
6oz soft butter
3 eggs
8oz self raising flour (I used Doves Farm Gluten Free)

Heat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3
Line an 8"/20cm cake tin with baking paper

Beat half the lemoncurd with the sugar and butter.
Add the eggs and mix one at a time.
Fold in the flour.
Put into your prepared tin.
Drop the remaining lemoncurd in teaspoons over the surface.

Bake for around 45 minutes, checking for browning half way through and covering if necessary with tin foil.

Cool, put the kettle on, sit yourself down and enjoy!
XX




2 comments:

  1. I'm quite unusual as I don't like cake very much !!!! But, I do like lemon curd so a slice of that cake with a cuppa would go down well !! It's so good that, even though you are gluten intolerant, there are now so many gluten-free recipes.
    Have a lovely weekend and easy on the cake !!!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Jackie - that's good! I do eat very few biscuits and cake now due to gluten intolerance. If I do and it's not gluten free it is almost like self harm!! I used to demolish a full packet of biscuits in one sitting!
    Have a lovely week! XX

    ReplyDelete