Wednesday 25 November 2015

Lytham St. Annes

Last weekend I had another stir crazy moment - I needed to go to the sea! Do you ever get that way? I love the smell of that salty air and the sound of the crashing waves. It really is good for my soul, 
re-energising and sorting my head!!

Arriving late afternoon we had a short but exhilarating walk, admiring the amazing sunset and got really lucky as it turned out to be the Christmas light switch on with Christmas Carols and entertainment followed by a firework display. Lytham St. Annes is a small coastal town in Lancashire, around 26 miles away from home. It has a thriving town centre with lots of individual shops and at the Christmas light switch on the community spirit was palpable.
 Olly got fed up watching the entertainment in the town centre!!
 Fireworks!!
Fish and chips - has to be done, then home to catch up on X Factor!!

Thanks for visiting - 
hope you are having a nice week!
XX



3 comments:

  1. I'm the same. Absolutely love to be at the seaside. Never been to your part of the country but have heard that Morecambe is nice. We're off to Whitby next weekend for my annual fix. Don't care what the weather does, in fact the colder the better! A stop off at York is compulsory too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs LH, so restorative the sea.
    Enjoy Whitby, thats a coast I have yet to explore :-)
    Love York, I'm going to the Ice Sculpture Festival on the 12th December, it's a great day out!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of snow here in northern Finland. Our winter is so digfferent!
    I have done a lot of christmas preparations. Welcome to visit Villa Kardemumma and have a lovely monday:)

    ReplyDelete