Monday 6 May 2013

Cardiff Continued...


My Son and I were up early to see more of Cardiff before our respective trains - surprising how busy the city was for a Sunday, with Cafe Bars already set up for first customers of the day!



















We wandered and came across the most lovely formal garden, made informal by the thousands of nodding tulips.



For lunch we headed to The Cosy Club - & oh my was it cosy - so cosy we stayed most of the afternoon sharing a battered old leather sofa with cushions to put where the seats were sinking!
It feels so lovely to go with my Son, eat and chat away so easily in gorgeous surroundings. Love my Big Boy's company so much!

Stripped pale wood floors, cushions and sumptuous velvet jewel coloured stools - just gorgeous! 

Clusters of tassled light shades in brocade hanging from the industrial ceiling.


More tassels and just look at that Victoriana mustard!
You know from the minute you walk into the lobby that you are heading somewhere special...old pieces of wood, doors and furniture painted in those lovely bright  jewelled tones panel the walls.



When I checked the link tonight I also discovered The Cosy Club is a chain with Bar's in Bath, Taunton, Salisbury, Stamford & Exeter! Wish there was one in Manchester! 

So Long! X

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging side! Cardiff looks fab x

    ReplyDelete