Saturday 18 May 2013

Tania Holland Gallery

Whilst in Bridgnorth last week I found a delightful art and craft gallery owned by the lovely Tania Holland, Caricaturist & Artist.


The gallery is really small and quaint, with beams & little nooks and crannies, roughly plastered walls and a candy striped staircase leading you upstairs to yet more delightful objects d'art.

As well as show casing her own work Tania also has unusual and affordable handmade products by other artists - cards and gifts, jewellery, pictures, pottery and sculptures.


On the top shelf, above to the right you can see a painting of an owl, which I absolutely LOVED. Never one to buy on the spur of the moment I have since had to call Tania to say - "Can I buy it please?" It's currently winging it's way to me...Blog spot coming soon, twhoooo!


Also loved this, but you can't have everything right?

  
Tania was working away whilst I was visiting, I particularly liked her word play sculptures, available in different sizes. It was fun trying to work out what the sculpture with cut-out wordplay represented, then 'ping' you'd suddenly get it! The dog further up being 'pointer' - aaahhhh get it?
I have a stag/reindeer fetish (love them, so majestic), whilst there I found a stag necklace, available in four different colours (big problem for moi!!) I settled on bright pink - an age appropriate nod to the current neon trend I thought!

Deerheart! 
 Above pictured with the chain it came with and below with my slinky chain, obviously longer, which I wear with lots of different pendants dependant on my mood :-)

 Pop over to Tania Holland Artist & Caricature Me to see more of Tania's work and more.

Back Tomorrow,

XX

2 comments:

  1. I love this review of my gallery. I have now moved to Studio 3 The Red House Glass Cone High Street Stourbridge West Midlands DY84AZ 07879452807 www.taniaholland.com to concentrate on my own work. You can still buy my work from Castle Tea Rooms, Bridgnorth Print and Stoneway Gallery in Bridgnorth or direct from my studio or Facebook shop. Tania x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks last minute camping niederlande

    ReplyDelete