Wednesday 22 May 2013

Old Stomping Ground!

Recently Mr. L and I had a quick trip to Anglesey, where my Mum came from and also where I spent most of the six week Summer holiday's with my cousin's - endless exploring and games of Monopoly that lasted the WHOLE six weeks!!!

Pont Britannia (Britannia Bridge)
Gateway from the mainland onto Anglesey


We went to Benllech and took Olly (our Springer Spaniel) on the beach - he absolutely loved running in and out of the waves. We almost walked to Red Wharf Bay, before turning round and getting Fish & Chips, sitting, eating, looking out to sea, catching up in the only way you do when outside :-)


Olly splashing around - my children grew up so we got a dog! ;-)


My lovely Mr.L enjoying a paddle....As you can see a really overcast day - we still had fun though!


We also went up to where my Nan is buried - a pretty little Chapel on the outskirts of Benllech and enjoyed a walk - AGAIN - Olly loved today!!


Olly just has to get in on the action - my cheeky pup!


Aaaaahhhhh, too cute, just stood looking straight at me (willing me to take his picture I'm sure)

Later as we set off for home we decided to find my Aunt's house in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch  (yes, 58 letters and I CAN say it - courtesy of my Mum).

 When translated into English, it means “St. Mary’s Church in the hollow of the While Hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the Red Cave”.   The official name is generally shortened to Llanfair PG or Llanfairpwll.



Mr L. above, me below with that cheeky pup again :-D


A trip to the Straits has to include stopping by to say "Hi" to Nelson!

As I looked out at the misty waters of the Straits I thought it's amazing we (my Sister, Cousins and I ) survived!  We used to steal a rowing boat from a garden backing on to the Straits, no oars, no plug, lug it down to the water and take it out using our hands to paddle. As an adult I now realise how dangerous those waters are - but hey, still here rocking it up!!

 

Back soon,

XX


No comments:

Post a Comment