Thursday 24 October 2013

Running Group

Earlier this year I completed a UK Leadership in Running Fitness Course 
with the aim of starting up a complete beginners running group.
(Supported by my Running Club).

Running is something I try to do twice a week. 

At one time it was about the mileage covered, but now it is about going for a run, 
coming back refreshed & with a smile on my face.

Running is the one thing that also changed my body, mind and fitness level - after years of going to a gym with little if any results. 

You can go any time you feel like, for as long as you like, even if it's a quick ten minutes. 

It's free (apart from a decent pair of trainers) & if you stick out the first couple of weeks it does get easier!

So, I started my group along with a guy named Alex & we were amazed when on the first night eight people turned up! 

They all had more or less the same aims - get fitter, lose weight, breath more easily.....
we now have twenty on the register & last night was week 8.


I can't tell you how proud I am of the individuals who make up the group, 
I LOVE running the group and seeing how improvements are made each week, 
personal goals realised. 
Support & encouragement given to each other.
Most importantly we have FUN! :-)

They make me smile. They have no idea how much THEY motivate ME!

Anyone interested in completing a Running Fitness Course, 
take a look here - it's free - you won't regret it!!
XX


No comments:

Post a Comment